TCNJ and the Jefferson College of Pharmacy of Thomas Jefferson University have a formal articulation agreement enabling freshman applicants to be enrolled in an early assurance program for pharmacy school, and to earn both the baccalaureate in biology (or chemistry) from TCNJ, and the PharmD degree from Jefferson.
- Students spend four years at TCNJ and four years at Thomas Jefferson University’s Jefferson College of Pharmacy.
- Students must apply as a chemistry or biology major, and take all prerequisite courses at TCNJ, with the exception of non-science courses through AP, IB, or dual credit at another college.
- Students must have a reasonable plan for completion of all required prerequisite courses with at least a C in each course prior to August 1 of the year of matriculation at Jefferson College of Pharmacy. Cumulative and science GPAs must be better than 2.7.
- The application deadline is April 1.
- Students must complete an application to Jefferson College of Pharmacy (a supplemental application will be placed on their application portal).
- By the end of their first year of enrollment at TCNJ, students must submit a separate application for admission to the Early Assurance program, which will be evaluated by TCNJ faculty.
- Qualified candidates will be assured of an interview following receipt of completed PharmCAS application, and a final review for admission to the Jefferson College of Pharmacy
- Enrollment in the doctoral program is not guaranteed.
- Please contact the chemistry office for more information.